Day 3 - New York Fashion Week SS18 CAAFD Showcase
Posted on 15 September 2017
September 10, 2017
Backstage at New York Fashion Week CAAFD SS18 runway headed by label.m USA Educator & Ambassador Patrick G Nadeau and the label.m Session Team using the award-winning professional haircare range label.m USA.
CAAFD SS18 Showcase featured four separate aspiring American designers. Inspiration for each show as follows; Fesvety - medieval castles in ruins, Mikelsen - classic, fun & comfortable, Frances Jerard - styles that represent happiness, sophistication & femininity, Samantha Leibowitz - the city of New York, monochromatic texture & linear shapes.
"I wanted to create classic, natural texture paired with a style that was effortlessly cool, as if the model did it herself. Nothing beats a cool style, even if you do a classic style, always add an element of cool to keep people intrigued." -- Patrick G Nadeau, label.m Hair Lead
Get the Look
- Apply label.m Volume Mousse throughout the hair & flatwrap entire head using label.m Grooming Brush.
- Take a radial section with label.m Metal Tail Comb from the back & secure into a tight, smooth ponytail with elastic.
- Smooth the front section (outside the pony) with label.m Hairspray & label.m Grooming Brush into another ponytail, joining the two ponytails together.
- Section ponytail into two and twist in opposite directions, then twist those pieces around each other, creating a rope braid and secure with long elastic & wrap around to create visual interest at the end of the ponytail.
- Beginning with the end of look one, twist the rope-braid ponytail into a bun & secure with u-pins, leaving the last two inches out at the top of the bun.
- Using hairpaper and label.m Fashion Edition Wax Spray loop strands from the fringe around paper in a figure 8 motion, secure with a bobby pin & set for 20 minutes or press with flatiron to speed up process.
- Release braid when waves are set & spray into place with label.m Fashion Edition Wax Spray.
- Use label.m Texturising Volume Spray to piece out the ends & give hold. Use label.m Hairspray to flatten any flyaways.
Hairstyling by label.m USA Session Team using label.m USA Professional Haircare.
label.m Professional Haircare is available in all label.m, essensuals and label.m Concept salons worldwide and online at labelmusa.com